







The sun was shiny so temptingly that we could not stay inside yesterday. I took Bride and Dorothy for a hike at Tennessee Valley. Actually Dorothy is not a big fan of hiking so she rode in the stroller. Luci hiked along with me and enjoyed the many comments she received about her chosen hiking attire. Everyone thought she was a princess, so she was feeling kind of snickery that they didn't know that she was actually a bride. Hee hee. It was hot on the trail and when we got to the end, it was so beautiful and bright and fresh and breezy at the beach. Taking off our shoes felt delicious! Dorothy had fun gathering rocks, Bride made an aisle for the ocean to come up, "like it was getting married," we explored, did cartwheels and later, I sat down and cast on for a sweater that I'm planning to knit as a birthday present for Weewee. Eventually the breeze turned into wind and drove us back up the path toward home. A beautiful day. Before I had children, when I pictured motherhood, these were the kind of days I had in mind.






No comments:
Post a Comment