


Weewee's first day of school. Our sweet girl was so excited. She brought along Gato to keep her company. She knew the school. She knew the two teachers and she knew four out of the five other children that were there. She knew the songs during circle time. She had a brief moment of apprehension when I told her I was going to go for a little while, but then they brought out a marble run toy and she was completely engaged. I went to put on my shoes. As I walked out the door, she was in the little "house" playing with the other children who were so sweet with her and included her in their game. I really was not at all worried when I left. I knew she would be fine and she was. I thought she might have a little melt down later in the day. But, no. She loved it! Three cheers for our brave preschool girl. She even used the potty there! I'm so glad that she'll have some little friends of her own now and an experience that will be all her own.
So what did I do with my 2 1/2 child-free hours? Well, I drove straight over to the Palace of the Legion of Honor to join up with Lucia's kindergarden field trip. They were there to see Rumpelstiltskin and Lucia was afraid that it would scare her. Honestly, I thought it would scare her too. She's still very sensitive about that sort of thing: movies, puppet shows, commercials, etc. Our fears were in vain; the play was funny, engaging, cute with great songs and a lot of laughs - delightful!
I'm happy for my girls. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment