Friday, January 13, 2012

baktus3

You know what's crazy?

I haven't blogged about knitting since September of 2011. Did you just think I was keeping you out of the loop, so to speak? Well, kind of, but not really.

See, I was in a knitting slump for the last 4 or 5 months. I was not inspired and many days I didn't feel like knitting at all. (Shocking!) The most I could bring myself to do was make these scarves in simple garter stitch, which means knit, knit, knit, knit, knit with not a purl or fancy stitch to be found, and keep knitting. And knitting. For about a month!

The first one I made, I made for myself in black and grey, and despite the lack of love for the process, I love this scarf. I wear it all the time. I'm wearing it now, actually. Then I made one for Henry because he liked mine. His is navy and grey and looks so cute on him. Then I made another one. This one is for Luci. I just finished it on Tuesday and it took me six weeks to knit. (Aaargh. I never want to knit another one of these ever again.) For Luci, I got wild and combined hot pink and purple, her two favorite colors, with grey and dark grey, two of my favorite colors. :) It looks awesome, if I may say so myself. Stripy awesomeness. I love it on her!

I am SO pleased that I am finally out of my slump and very excited about my current project which is a sweater I am knitting for Weewee for her birthday. This sweater is a combination of two different patterns and on top of that, I'm using a different gauge of yarn which means there was a lot of math to figure out in order to (hopefully!) get the sizing right. Oddly, I really like all the planning and figuring required. It's like doing a puzzle, only you won't know if you got it right until a month or so later, when the project is complete. So cross your fingers for me! The suspense is what keeps me knitting obsessively. That, and the magic of seeing a garment take shape little by little on my needles. And imagining how it will look on my girl when it's complete. Yes, I am most definitely back in the thrall of knitting. Aaaaaah. That's the way I like it.

No comments: