

Well, I finally gave up on the mailman and went to the knitting store today to buy buttons. So, without further ado, drumroll please............ Tada! Here is my Hummingbird Star Tweed Vest. This was a test knit - my first ever test knit - of the pattern Haru's Hooded Vest by one of my favorite designers, Yumiko. She designed the Like Sleeves pattern which I love so *so* much. It was such fun and such a pleasure to work with Yumiko. I enjoyed every bit of it - she is so sweet! - and I am quite smitten with the results. Although it looks complicated, this vest is surprisingly easy and quick to knit up. (More notes and info on my ravelry page.) The star tweed design is beautiful and so satisfying to knit. If you're not a knitter, I'm sure you have no idea what I mean by that, but it just flows so well and has such a great rhythm. I love the pockets, too. I have a huge respect for Yumiko and for knitwear designers in general and am amazed at what she/they create. Thank you for another wonderful pattern Yumiko! This vest is going to be hard to say goodbye to since, as I think I mentioned, I knit it for Lucia's preschool's fundraiser. I guess I'll just have to make another one. :)p.s. In the end, I'm really happy with my choice of buttons: simple, natural-wood toggles. Not sure why I didn't get them the first time I saw them a few weeks ago during the Epic Button Hunt. I think they keep the vest very gender-neutral which is what I wanted for this since it will hopefully be bid upon by mamas of both boys and girls. I hope it will find a happy home.






2 comments:
I would like to order one up for Henry and I!! So cute and cozy looking.
xoxo
Shanti
Katia,
I just have to say WOW...beautiful...amazing...looks great....WOW...!!!
Juliet
Post a Comment