Wednesday, May 25, 2011

showtime

Lucia has been taking a dance class for the past two months or so, and Saturday was her first show. (This is an ongoing dance 'team', so most of these kids have been doing this for a while.) It was part of the half-time show at a basketball tournament fundraiser for the African American Arts and Culture Center. Lucia was so excited and she even got to wear makeup! Nonna and Papa Jim came down for the show too. The whole thing went so fast...please forgive my shaky filming. I was pretty excited too. Yay for our Luci girl!



Some pics: Getting ready for the show and with some of her friends. (We had to buy jeans - she didn't have any! - and converse high-tops for her 'costume.' The shoes give her blisters.)

You may notice that Luci is the only 'white girl' in the group, but she doesn't! She has such a big heart and she is so out-going and loving with everyone. She has no awareness of any difference. It's awesome. She loves her friends from class and they are so sweet with her. So far this has been a really great experience, and I surely don't mind the extra little bit of knitting time I get in. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katia,
Cute..!!!! Adorable...looks like a lot of fun.
Glad you gave the info about jeans. I said to myself as I was reading the post. I have never seem Lucia in jeans before. Now I know why. She looks cute in them.
Juliet