Wednesday, February 23, 2011

like love

It was over 3 weeks ago when I said I would show you this (then) latest knitting project, but who's counting?

Fashionably late, this is the Like Sleeves pattern (Ravelry info here) done in Cascade 220, Mauve Heather. If it looks familiar, that's because you've seen it here before. I am totally in love with this pattern and have not been able to stop knitting them. After two, I told myself I would take a break, and I did start another project but it didn't work out and was consequently abandoned. And anyway, how could I resist when Lucia said she wanted one too? (What, with no sleeves?! I had to jump on the opportunity.) Well, first she wanted this particular one. But I had to convince her that it didn't fit quite right (although it was really cute. She's wearing it in the last picture.) So last night, off the needles came my third Like Sleeves top - I still need to weave in ends and do the finishing - also in Mauve Heather because Lucia LOVES the color, and so do I. So the girls will be twins in their Like Sleeves. These will be only the second garments they have that match. The first are their cupcakes p.j.'s which they got for Christmas (not from me.) They were thrilled to be matching. Who would have thought? I highly doubt I will want to be knitting two of everything, but in this case, it was a joy. Love the Like Sleeves!

1 comment:

Céline said...

Ultra Cute!