



Last week the family jetted off for a really nice trip to visit my papa and step-mother in Texas. I'd never been to this part of the state before and was surprised at just how pretty it was there; so green and lush with beautiful trees and soft rolling hills. One evening when we were out for a post-dinner walk, we saw fireflies! I hadn't seen fireflies since I was a kid in New York and the girls had never seen them before. They are just as magical as ever. We were so excited. We had some really fun excursions with the kiddos by day, and then the grown-ups had marathon card-playing sessions each night into the wee hours. Let the record show that Pete and I are in the lead!!! We had such a nice visit and they were such generous and gracious hosts. I wish we could visit more often. The girls have not stopped talking about Grandpa Teddy, Grandma Lenny and 'lil Sophie, and the trip to the pool is discussed practically hourly.






No comments:
Post a Comment