Thursday, September 30, 2010

japanese tea garden

Have you been to the Japanese Tea Garden? It's such a lovely place. I took the girls there last week when Luci was out sick from school (sick enough to be out of school, but not sick enough to slow her down in any way, hmmm). She loves climbing over The Drum Bridge over and over and over and over and over. (Do you see her little face peeking out there?) I was busy making sure Weesa didn't take an unintentional swim in one of the reflecting ponds. Altogether not a tranquil, meditative experience for Mama, but beautiful nonetheless, and fun. Then we went across the road and had lunch at the science academy and later watched a demonstration of a comet. Cool!

Days like this do help to tip the scales in favor of city living. Luckily we have a lot of days like this because it takes a lot of them to outweigh the days with parking tickets (and a tow!), crazy neighbors, and a mugging which took place directly below the window where I was putting the girls to sleep for the night.

No comments: