My current work-in-progress is almost exactly the color of my couch, silvery-brown. I didn't realize it when I bought it, and also didn't realize when I chose it that the yarn is called "Katia Peru." It sheds like crazy and smells like wet dog. Or more likely wet sheep. What am I taking on here? A pet or a knitting project? This is a bigger project as it's my very first grown-up garment; a sweater for me. After months of scouring Ravelry and much hemming and hawing and switching gears over and over for various reasons, I've finally settled on the Sedum. Only now, I'm worried it's not quite big enough. Aaaah, the joys and ups and downs of knitting. We'll see how it goes.(The "gatos" are in the background wishing me luck. Weesa's Gato on the left, was a Christmas gift from Grandpa Teddy, and he caused such an outpouring of love and desire from both girls that he prompted a trip to Ikea to get another gato. Hence, Luci's Mama Luchichi Gato on the right. These guys are the most-loved lovies of all. There is nary a nap or bedtime without gatos-in-arms. You've got to hear Weesa say "Ga-TOW!" It's so sweet.)






No comments:
Post a Comment