Sunday, September 26, 2010

slide ranch

Last week was the annual field trip to Slide Ranch for Lu's school and all four of us went along. You know how much I love goats! We all got to milk one, Belle. Lu is an old pro by now - this was her third time milking- and Alma-Lu was a total natural. Pete and the girls even got a fresh squirt of milk - I wasn't brave enough for that, ick! - but they all loved it. We all held chickens too, even me. I can't believe how brave our little Weesa is. Nothing fazes her at all.

We each got to choose "ranch names" to add to our names and to use while we were there. Lucia was Lucia Roses. Weesa, of course, got Bird attached to her already very long name. Pete was Peter Opossum, and I added River Otter to my name. Some of the other kids were Rory Whale, Martha Acorns, Kaia Tree, Rain Skunk. So cute. The weather couldn't have been more amazing. Such a gorgeous, fun day by the side of the Pacific Ocean.

Don't you wear your tiara to milk the goats too?

No comments: