

Weewee's birthday party had a Chinese New Year theme. There were paper lantern decorations, themed crafts for the kids (making dragon puppets and paper lanterns) and mountains of dim sum from Clement Street. Plus we had friends and family galore and a very happy birthday girl in a brand-new twirly party dress. It was a great day and I think she had a really great time. I know I did. :) By lucky chance, Auntie H was in town for the weekend and it was super fun to have her here, not to mention she was a HUGE help to Pete and me, as was Ginger/Nonna. The party would not have gone off quite so well without their efforts. Thank you ladies! The goodie bags did not get photographed - oh well - but the girls and I had a great time putting them together. Cute little porcelain kids' rice bowls and chopsticks along with fortune cookies and lollipops, of course. We had to have lollipops. The tags were stamped with a golden dragon and Lucia labeled them all with the kids' names. It was a really fun project.It was a joy to fête our girl. It was her first non-family only party (did that make sense?) and honors this new, more independent phase in her life. I wondered if it might be a bit too much attention for her, but she really loved every minute of it. Hooray for Weewee! We love Weewee!


Let's all join hands and give your family members the sweetest memories.
Hee hee. :)






1 comment:
What a fine time and great memories!
Post a Comment