


A little flurry of posts - since the girls are both in school on this rainy morning - before I take on a bit of reorganizing in the living room, spurred by a recent sidewalk score of Pete's. Shelving; it's not beautiful but it's functional. Maybe I'll show you later...But for now, here are pictures from our trip to Long Beach last weekend for Lucia's (second-to-last) competition. The highlights were, of course watching Lucia dance and a few hours with Chippy and Vinnie who drove down from Hollywood. There were lowlights too, but I don't need to go into that. Suffice it to say that the whole team rode there and back on a bus (skillfully and professionally driven by Pete :) Seven hours. For the ride home, we left at 10pm and pulled an all-nighter. Yeesh. Anyway, I said I wasn't going to get into it, so I'll try to resist.
Another confidence-boosting first place win for our mini dancers (again they were the only team in their division wink-wink, but don't tell them that please!) Lucia was so excited and doing a victory dance and pumping her little elbow YES! You know they get a little blue ribbon when they win which is pretty much the coolest thing ever, if you ask Lucia. She was so cute.
And with that, we're off to Vegas in February for the national competition where there will, I'm sure, be plenty of other teams in their division. Eep!
Below is the video, complete with the usual hooting and hollering from me, and this time with help from Lavinia, so turn down your volume. Plus, we got a little case of the giggles. Oops. Lucia is kind of mid-right for most of the performance. There's a new boy on the team, a big kid, so she has the pleasure of getting flipped around now, too, which she loves. Don't know why that makes me giggle. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment