

I know most of you won't understand any of this, but since I am so enjoying the process of knitting this sweater, I thought I would show you my in-progress pictures and paste in my notes from Ravelry. Just for kicks..........................................................
Notes
Weewee’s bday sweater
1/6 Playing with numbers and trying to figure out how to adjust pattern to sport weight (22 sts=4”) so I can use up some stash. May combine it with the river dress instead of doing stripes. Also I like the tunic shape of the river dress. We’ll see.
1/6 Okay, here’s the plan:
-CO 96 (88+8) for the collar
-Yoke 12/32/12/32 (to account for weewee’s BIG head)
-16 rounds of raglan increases (every other round) to end up with 44/64/44/64 to separate for sleeves.
-May have to do a few extra rounds for arm depth. I’ll see when I get there.
1/7 Cast on at Tennessee Valley Beach sitting on a log with the girlies at my side. :)
1/11 Have done 15 of 16 increase rounds and am thinking that I might do one extra for length and a bit more roominess. That would make the count: 66/46/66/46. Making this sweater in combo with the river pattern has made this knitting interesting and engaging. The rows are flying by. Only with I had started the river pattern a few stitches further to the left. I started 7 sts in. If I had it to do over I would have started 3 sts in.
1/19 I’ve done 3 rounds of increases so far (m1, k1, sm, k1, m1), every 12 rows starting 5cm below armhole. Did a fitting this morning and it’s looking great and fitting well. The only thing I’d like to change is to have the neckline (where cowl and sweater join) be wider so that the whole thing sits lower and looser on her body. I think I will be able stretch that out with blocking. Altogether I’m happy with the fit. Got about 5 or 6 more inches of knitting for the body. I want it to be long and tunic-y. So happy with this so far and really enjoying the process. Weewee loves “the river.”






1 comment:
oh my goodness, what a GORGEOUS sweater!! so creative and pretty.
Post a Comment