Friday, October 14, 2011

my little hobbit-fairy

Were you wondering how Weewee could possibly be this adorable? I was wondering that all day when she wore her new dress from Omi Conchy. This is a little apron dress that Conchy sewed up with some vintage fabric from Sweden that she's been saving for forever. (The fabric was new when she or my mama bought it decades ago.) We picked out the fabric and the pattern when we were in Germany this summer and we just got it in the mail. So exciting! Thank you so much Conchy! It couldn't be more perfect for my little blue-eyed girl. I can't decide if she looks more like a fairy or a hobbit or a hobbit-fairy.

The pocket in front is just the right size for bringing along her dada (doggie), Smiley. Just a few months ago - and still sometimes even now - she'd get confused about his name and call him "Slimy" instead of "Smiley". Oh god, that makes me laugh! This is another one of those dresses that I wish she would wear every day. Luckily, she loves it and I do, too. She wore it for three days in a row when we first got it. There's even another one in orange around which I'm planning Weewee's Halloween costume. Wish me luck on that since these girls seem to change their minds every few days about what they want to be for Halloween. I think this may be the year we finally get away from the whole princess/fairy thing which would be a welcome change. Such an exciting time of year!

No comments: