Friday, April 01, 2011

april fools

Good morning. Look at our dear Lucia's new self-inflicted hair-do. She said her hair had been falling in her face and bugging her. Once I got my breath back, I said Have you heard of a little thing called a barrette? You might be curious, as I was, about what she did with the hair she'd cut. It went through a (now not-so-little) hole in a window screen. Oh, funny girl! She reminds me so much of myself as a child. She does look kind of funny - I'm back to calling her Kicking Bird which I haven't done since she was about 3 months old - but I must confess that I do like it a tiny little bit. It makes her look younger which, when you're 2 weeks away from 5 going on about 12, is not such a terrible thing. It'll be fun to watch it grow out for years to come.

Watch out for tricks and fools today!

No comments: