Friday, January 28, 2011

knitting up some birthday love

Here's a sneaky-peeky of a little vest I knit for the soon-to-be birthday girl. I took these pictures before I'd even woven in all the ends and now I'm hiding it away to give to her on the big day. Not that she'll be surprised or probably even too excited, ho hum another hand-knit thing for mama to dress me in. :) That's okay. I love this pattern and most especially, I love this color. It's called Lilac Heather. Oo la la. It makes me happy. But, the size is kind of off (too big) and when I'd finished it there were a few things I wished I'd done differently (like knitting it in the round, for one) so I immediately cast on for another one. This one in Mauve Heather. So, double the birthday love for my sweet little monkey. Soon enough she'll be so big she won't let me dress her anymore so I need to take full advantage while I still can!

2 comments:

ymymmytm said...

I've used that Lilac Heather for myself before, and loved it so much. Isn't it just lovely?! Your girl is so cute and picture is beautiful.
ym

Anonymous said...

Next weekend is your "knitting anniversary". The weekend before Alma-Louisa's birthday my Mom taught you to knit.
I am so amazed by all you have done. ....Such variety and lovely things.....I am curious, do think you could come up with the number of items you have knitted in one year, to wow us all? I am wowed already...but..curious still....
Love,Juliet