


I knit the Karys for Lucia which may just be the prettiest thing, in my opinion, that I've ever knit. I fell in love with this pattern at first sight. It seemed so perfectly "Lucia" to me. The yarn is a wool-linen blend that is soft, silky and light and the color is a heathered deep purple that reads almost brown. (Love!) My plan was to give it to her for Christmas but when I finished it after three weeks of knitting, of course, there was no way I could wait to see it on her. After trying it on, I asked Lucia if she liked it and she said, “Mmmm, so-so.” Ack! But then, she wore it three days in a row! She's been wearing it almost every day. It makes me so happy to see her in it. She looks gorgeous and it goes with her new "style" which now, if you've noticed, sometimes involves pants. After a year or more of only dresses, it's nice to have options again. :)Now I'm off to knit up a little bow tie for Leonard. I'm so excited that I found a pattern for a bow tie! Happy happy me.






No comments:
Post a Comment