







The second part of our trip was two nights in Mendocino, at a little resort in Little River. Oh, I could've stayed there forever. The hotel was great, with a hiking trail within walking distance through a coastal redwood forest. Again, it was misty and foggy and muddy with lots of mushrooms, a busy creek and some deep dark woods. While we hiked, and over the course of the trip, Pete and I were telling the girls the story
The Wizard of Oz, so there was a lot of singing "Weeeeee're off to see the Wizard the wonderful Wizard of Oz!" On this day, Alma-Lu lost her pants because of a pee-pee situation. :)
This was absolutely the happiest birthday I can remember. Special time with friends and my sweet dear family, hiking in the woods, four days of celebrating, and lots of knitting time in the car. It was just what I wanted and I think that bodes extremely well for my forties. Thank you to all who made it so special, especially Pete!
No comments:
Post a Comment