Tuesday, May 01, 2012

tuesday morning i love you

Another Tuesday morning with both girls in school, another collage made to auction off. This time for Weewee's preschool fundraiser. I'm knitting every spare minute (hah hah spare minute) and collaging every child-free minute with deadlines looming near. This baby-wearing foxy mama is a tiny painting I did a few years back that was stuffed in an envelope of little scraps and cast-offs. I'm so glad that I save everything, even my 'rejects,' because give it a couple of years and often I can't find the flaw that had me scrap it in the first place. Or sometimes, I get stuck with a project and my tiny little works-in-progress get put away for months or years. The birds were in that envelope, too, so this collage came together very quickly. This sweet collage is tiny, 3.5" x 5", and it makes me oh-so-nostalgic for my baby-wearing days. I thought they would never end, but alas and alack, as the Lollipop Princess would say, those days are behind me now. Sniff, sniff.

No comments: