Preparations are under way for the *big day* tomorrow.
Walking Lucia to school this morning, I got a little verklempt: Lucia, it's your Birthday Eve! It's your last day ever of being 5 years old! My baby! (sniff-sniff, squeeze)
Luci, non-chalant: Oh mama, I knew you were going to say that. I was sleeping in my bed this morning and knowing you were going to say that.
:)
I went kind of crazy and had a little too much fun with the streamers. Luci came home from school yesterday and saw them and made it worth every minute I spent with her reaction: A deep sigh, and "Oh mama, I LOVE them! Thank you." She seemed very mature in that moment.
Tomorrow, amazingly, she turns 6. 6 beautiful years with this incredible child. How did I ever live without her?
Friday, April 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
oh mama, i feel every word you said. so sweet to see my deepest feelings reflected in your words, and share this moment with you. the little child days are over, and the big kid days are beginning. a sad-sweet change.
the streamers took my breath away. lucky lucia, and lucky mama to have such inspiration and beauty inside of her.
my sister monica is giving birth at this moment, on lucia's birthday, and your birthing day.
thinking of you lots and lots and lots.
Post a Comment