Sunday, April 29, 2012

beltane

The girls and I rode the big bike to a beltane ritual in the park yesterday, the perfect beautiful spring day. Pete met us there later. We blew bubbles, made fresh flower wreaths, sang and danced around the maypole and jumped the beltane fire burning in a cauldron. Consider us blessed and purified!

Beltane is the Sacred Marriage and union of the God and Goddess. Beltane is also celebration of fertility, fruitfulness and the coming of summer. It is a time when the light half of the year is waxing and everything is growing and coming into full greenery and bloom. It is the last of the spring fertility festivals, and is a time when all prepare for the warm months ahead. Beltane celebrates the height of Spring and the flowering of life. The Goddess manifests as the May Queen and Flora. The God emerges as the May King and Jack in the Green. The danced Maypole represents Their unity, with the pole itself being the God and the ribbons that encompass it, the Goddess. Colors are the Rainbow spectrum. Beltane is a festival of flowers, fertility, sensuality, and delight.

p.s. I dreamt last night that I'd had another baby. I was pretty freaked out about it in the dream, but upon waking I thought: a symbolic baby, I'm okay with. :)

No comments: