Papa went back to work today and I think we will have to get out of the house at some point because the sun is shining a bit and we are getting a little moldy in here after so many rainy, sick days. But I also see some of this in our future too:
Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas - We love this movie so much. The other day when we were watching it, Luci turned to me and said, "I'm so happy I have tears in my eyes!" It could have been the precursor to the Pink Eye she has now (that she got from Weewee who had it last week), but still....awwwww.
Pumped Up Kicks - Weewee's favorite song. Man, do we listen to this song a lot! She does the cutest wiggle, I mean dance routine to this song.
Knitting - I was too sick too knit, (can you imagine?) but I'm finally feeling ready to get back to Weewee's sweater. And guess who else is knitting? Lucia!!! At her request, I'd tried to teach her before, like maybe 6 months ago, but it didn't work out and it was pretty frustrating for both of us. ("I already know how to knit Mama!") But now, she's ready and it's incredible to watch her really do it. I couldn't be prouder of her! And can you see the book that Weewee's reading? Knitty Kitty, I picked that one out at the library. It's cute. :)
Reading - Luci is oh-so-close to reading. She has memorized about 25 sight words and has half a dozen or so decodable books that she got at school which she read to me when I was sick in bed a few days ago. It was the sweetest thing. "We see the truck. We see the cow and the pig. We see the stop sign." It's so exciting. That she's reading, I mean, not the books. ;)
By the way, you can see those new shelves I mentioned that Pete scored us in the background here. They're not bad and they fit a lot of stuff. It's so nice to finally have all of our art supplies organized and has inspired a flurry of creating from all of us (girls). I'd been wanting shelves there for the longest time and had been on craigslist searching for some on the very morning of the day that Pete brought them home. Thanks Universe, and of course, Pete! ;)
Here's to your good health and ours. May you be well and may we all get back on our feet quickly! Luci is missing her story-play today, and Weewee and I are missing our cooking class to stay home with her today. Boo hoo!






No comments:
Post a Comment