The morning began early with a(n electric) candle-lit procession with singing and a (real) candle-lit breakfast of gingerbread (adapted from this recipe) which I'd baked the day before. It's not a traditional swedish Lucia breakfast, but it was festive and yummy and I wasn't feeling quite up to tackling these. We brought some gingerbread to school for Luci's teacher, so of course the girls had to be in character for that.



Then Weewee (aka Santa Lucia aka Dorothy) and I went to our little Waldorf cooking class where we all make bread and soup together and then we play and then we eat the bread and soup. (I LOVE this class so much!) In the afternoon, we went to the Discovery Museum after picking Luci up from school. We had a lovely time there, playing outside in the sunshine and then moving inside to one of the art studios where we played with clay and sticks and leaves. Awesome!Back home, we drew and made holiday cards while I made more soup - Weewee hadn't eaten any of the first one at the cooking class anyway. She's more of a bread fan in general. :) - which turned out surprisingly well. It was a butternut-parsnip-carrot concoction made by the seat of my pants with no recipe. I had moments of serious doubt but at dinner both girls complimented me on it! Wow! And then Papa came home in time to eat with us. Hooray for that.
Altogether a very very good day. One of the best I can ever remember.
In deep gratitude for the gift of light in the darkness.






1 comment:
woowww!!! beautiful pictures and lovely sentiments. i'm floating on a cloud now, myself. thank you for the light in my day.
Post a Comment