Saturday, November 05, 2011

trick or treat

Finally, the evening of Halloween and then we can say goodbye to October on luckyjuju! We went up the street to a neighborhood party where they closed off two blocks and there were bazillions of families trick or treating, about 5 haunted houses per block, a kiddie disco and a stage in the road where the kids could dance. We ran into lots of friends and neighbors, hit up every house with candy, Luci checked out a couple not-too-scary haunted houses (I waited outside with Weewee), they danced on the stage and at the disco, and then finally we went home to count the loot. The girls were allowed to keep five pieces of candy each (I had on hand little packages of Annie's Organic Gummy Bunnies to trade out if they wanted to, which they did) and then we paid them $5 each for the rest of their candy and the next day after school we went straight to the dollar store in Japantown where they immediately spent their money on treasures. It was a great solution to the Big Halloween Candy Issue. That leaves me to gorge on hydrogenated, corn syrup crap every night. Perfect.

It's now almost noon on Saturday. Pete's at work and the girls have been trashing the house while I've been blogging for hours. Time to go back to being a mama. And get this house cleaned up! I wish I had some witchy magic so I could just wrinkle my nose.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQpbzQ6gzs