Saturday, September 24, 2011

two things that have one thing in common

Luci.

1. Her new hat...

Pattern: Little Things
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine
Size: one size

This hat continues my epic quest for The Perfect Hat For Me. I really thought this might be the one! But, just as I was finishing up the last few stitches of icord, I happened to call the little loop at the top a 'doink' - a made-up word, as in “I just need to finish up this little doink and I’ll be all done.” Well, for some reason, Lucia just had to have it because of that. Go figure. She actually begged. What’s a mama to do? How could I resist? I let her pick out the buttons; orange! Yeesh, not what I had been picturing. But they do look really cute for a hat for her and she looks adorable in it. I love this color on her; it's called Berry Pie Mix. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the heart to make another one for myself. The gauge was a bit small for me to really enjoy knitting, plus I don't have short circulars in this size so I had to knit almost the whole hat on dpn’s. Blech. Oh well. You know, if she's happy, I'm happy, and absolutely nothing makes me happier than seeing my girls excited about wearing the things I knit for them. And so the knitting quest continues (not unhappily.)

2. Her first homework ever.

The assignment was for her to dictate a made-up story to me and for me to write it down word for word. She then brought it to school and it was acted out in the classroom. She got to choose the actors and direct it. She made herself the queen, of course! Here it is:
Once upon a time there was a king and queen. And the king and queen had four baby princesses. And the four baby princesses grew up and then they made lots of money. They found all this golden money and they gave it to people that were poor. And the people who were poor said, “Thanks,” and in return they gave the princesses a present. The present was little stuffies for their baby that they had. And the baby that they had grew up to be a magician. And then the baby turned plates into fourteen quarters, and trees into houses, and houses into cars, and cars into people, people also into dogs and cats. And then all the people all started to be magic too and they all started to turn things into other things too. And they lived until there was an earthquake. The earthquake got so big and strong that it made them fall out of their window and die.

The End.

Wow. That's just about all I can say is wow. And this: I love my Lulu so much, so much.

1 comment:

churyl said...

oh mama! i love that story. my jaw is on the floor. so epic. so intricate. so full of heart and soul and stuff! lol. i'm amazed.

i love savoring little morsels of your life with you. thank you for taking the time to post them.

much, much love!