Saturday, August 06, 2011

home sweet home

Hello my poor neglected luckyjuju.

We got home from our trip late last night and went straight to bed after a very very long trip. This morning we woke up and went straight to the Giant's game - there was a 'breakfast with champions' for season ticket holders and then we stayed for the game in the afternoon. I think Lucia was so relieved and excited to be able to speak english with strangers again. She made some good new friends and we all had a lot of fun in the sun. We just got back home. The jet lagged girls are in the tub...I hope they can stay awake a few hours longer. I haven't unpacked a thing yet and I've got about 1,400 pictures on my camera to go through. But, I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day and settle back in slowly. The girls were such great travelers - 24 hours from (Jela's) door to (our) door - and they were amazing. I am SO incredibly proud of them.

The trip was beyond wonderful. Being in Europe with my family, being with my cousins and auntie that I love so much, having the girls get to know them better, it was a dream. It's so good to be home and be with Pete, but it broke my heart a little to say goodbye. Much more to come and bazillions of photos.

No comments: