Monday, July 11, 2011

sparkly

Pattern: Like Sleeves
Yarn: Berroco Flicker
Size: 4-6

This is the vest that I made for my cousin Daniela's daughter, Julia, in Germany. It's the same pattern that I love so much; This is the fourth one I've made. You'd think I'd have it down by now, and this did turn out really well (no seaming this time! I used the 3-needle bind off at the shoulders this time), only I think I followed the lengths for the size 4 pattern instead of the size 6. Ack. My only saving grace is that this is a really oversize vest. It fits Lucia, who is 6 months younger but, you know, she's 95th percentile for height and 90th for weight, and I think Julia is pretty petite, so this will hopefully fit her for at least a little while. Then she can pass it down to her cousin, Christina in a few years. The yarn was honestly kind of weird to work with - really stretchy - but I'm happy with the end result. The color is so nice: Lilac, or maybe wisteria, and the yarn has very subtle little sparkles of silver. I'm such a sucker for sparkles. :)

1 comment:

churyl said...

oooo!!! i love it! yummm...