Saturday, June 25, 2011

roadtrip part two

The first time we visited Maggie's farm in Briceland, I was pregnant with Lucia and I have such fond memories of that trip. We have since been back many times, and the farm and the people there are so deeply part of our family now; It feels like home whenever we visit. This time we had the added fun of having Kiva along. Rosie and Andrew and Stella are the most generous and wonderful hosts. Their lives are so rich and bountiful: amazing fresh food (much of which they grow and raise themselves), award-winning wines, stunning natural beauty (redwoods and the perfect river), family and sweet pets. We love visiting with them so much and I love to see my city girls running around the farm. Stella was such a sweet, patient big sister to them. This year, they will be moving into Maggie and Joe's farm and taking over the winery as Maggie and Joe retire to the coast. Exciting changes, but I do hope we will still be able to see Maggie and Joe when we visit. I gave Alma-Luisa my camera the other day and she took about a dozen pictures of Maggie. When she saw the photos she said, "Me take dose pitchuhs of she! MADDIE!"

It was such a fun trip. Thank you so much Andrew, Rosie, Stella, Maggie and Joe! We'll be toasting to you all when we drink the Briceland Vineyards double-gold winning sparkling wine I brought home for Pete's birthday. :)

Noodles Toodles!

'Memba dat?

No comments: