


So there I was at the Good Will with Weewee dropping off our stuff and I figured I may as well have a little look-see. I surprised myself by falling for this pair of vintage Holly Hobbie Collector's Plates. (Did I really just type that?) Ever since I read
this funny post about a cross-stitched pillow reading "Sisters Make the Best Friends," I've had my eye out for something similar because, you know, they really do make the best friends (Love ya Karks ;) and I really want my girls to have that now, without having to wait 30 years like we did. Anyway, somehow these collectible plates (
ack! I said it again) struck that cord for me. Probably a bit of nostalgia for my own 70's childhood in combination with the little/big sister imagery (they've got to be sisters) and the sweet sentiment that will hopefully subliminally sink into my girls' brains. I think they'll be perfect in their freshly organized room. I've already rearranged things a bit since I took those pictures yesterday, so I think they'll go above the wooden play kitchen. The girls love them and Lucia has already claimed the one with the cat and the present as hers, so perhaps the brainwashing has not yet begun. In time, I'm sure, and if you know of anyone who could whip us up a cross-stitched pillow, send them our way. The more propaganda, the better I always say!
p.s.
Toot & Puddle by Holly Hobbie is one of our favorite books. Awesome illustrations and for me, the world will forever be split into two kind of people:
Toots and
Puddles. I am a Puddle, myself.
1 comment:
hi you... so I'm going with wordpress but it's not really as easy as it is with blogspot to change the template so I'm pretty annoyed but chose this random one and will have to find someone who works with the program language css to help me! Anyway, it's going to be just graceopenheart.com but that will take a bit... in the meantime you'll see I'm going to post now! www.graceopenheart.wordpress.com
Post a Comment