Tuesday, March 22, 2011

scenes from breakfast

Sweet quinoa: quinoa + rice milk + almond butter + vanilla hemp powder + maple syrup. Warm and delicious. Lucia is signing Good Morning and Weewee is signing Thank You.

Pete and I have been swimming in a sea of rainy days, radiation concerns, and school assignments. It's been intense. The devastation and heartbreak in Japan has me thinking a lot about life. It's so hard to understand when something like this happens. It helped me to imagine how I would explain something like this to my girls; what I would tell them about our earth and the universe, life, death, God and us, people. We are not religious, so I don't have an answer, but thinking about it in this way, has me reach for the gentlest thoughts I could have about this situation. And that's saying a lot. To reach for love, goodness, beauty, joy, kindness. To look for it in every moment and every situation, strive for it, believe in it, feel it, create it. That's really the only control we have in this life, isn't it?

No comments: