

Alma-Lui saw me chopping veggies and ran to the play kitchen to get her play knife so that she could help me. Hee. It didn't work too well, so I let her use a real knife for the first time. She cut green beans and she was wonderful; so careful and precise. Luci came over and helped too. They both ate pretty much everything they chopped, and that was great because I had two lovely helpers to keep me company AND I didn't have to make an afternoon snack AND their bellies were full of raw, organic veggies. Hooray for that! I also had help making Walnut-Parsley Pesto (using
this recipe, more or less) which was delicious with steamed and perfectly-cut green beans. It was so nice to sit at the table with the windows open at the end of a rainy day and feel the fresh air and listen to the birds sing and chop, chop, chop with my girls. I felt very aware of being happy and at peace in that moment and felt all the more grateful for it in the midst of all the sadness and turmoil in the world right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment