Friday, February 11, 2011

a super-duper good day

Sweet Wee-Wee-Boo's birthday: Pancakes for breakfast. To the zoo (her first time) with mama and Luci. Lucia chose to come to the zoo with us over going to school. Hooray for that. Who knows why, but the carousel rides at the zoo were FREE. Lucky day! So we went round and round and round and round. I think the girls tried riding every animal there was. The cats were their favorites. Pretty much the only real animals we saw were the ones at the petting zoo, but that's okay, the girls were thrilled with the carousel. Me, I was dizzy, but hey, if the girls are happy, I'm happy. Lunch at the playground then home for a late nap. Snuggling up and reading her favorite book-du-jour, Owl at Home. And then dinner out with friends at our favorite neighborhood restaurant. I brought along a chocolate chip gingerbread cake that was really delicious, although she wouldn't know it because she didn't want any. (!? Is it possible she's not my child after all?) But really, all the better if she doesn't want to have a bunch of sugar right before bedtime, but I'm glad she had the fun of blowing out those two little candles and making a wish. Her favorite present was a set of these tiny books by Maurice Sendak. It's called the Nutshell Library. So so cute. A wonderful day for my amazing girl.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate again with family. :)

No comments: