Friday, January 07, 2011

kiddie cadet

I whipped up this little hat last week. It's the kiddie cadet (free pattern on ravelry.) I was too lazy to do a gauge swatch so I cast on hoping it would fit one of my girls and when all was said and done, Alma-Lu was the lucky recipient. Although to be honest, she doesn't like it very much and it's a touch shallow for her, but she's getting used to it. Funny, Luci doesn't like the hat either (regardless of size.) I don't get it...what's not to love? I think it's darling! When I make it again - and I will make it again - I'll use pink or purple yarn. :) The pattern knits up super-quick and I think I can say I've finally mastered short rows.

p.s. There was a little earthquake while I was typing up this post. Took me a few seconds to figure out why the computer was shaking. Yikes.

[Edit: Pete looked it up...it was just a baby earthquake, 2.6]

No comments: