Tuesday, November 02, 2010

treats and treats and treats

My, what a whirlwind it's been around here. Halloween festivities at school, Fairy Walk, Trick-or-Treating, the Giants winning the World Series! Amazing.

This year, for Halloween, Luci was Snow White aka "a queen that saves the day in her amazing rocketship" - Got that? - and Alma-Lu was a bunny (Miss Bun) which later evolved into the Easter Bunny and then on Monday into a Giants bunny. The girls are not wanting Halloween to end, and costumes are still requested each morning. "Bun, Mama, Bun!" Weesa tells me, bringing me her costume. Lucia wants make-up every day too; "Just a little sparkle." Halloween is so much fun with these guys, I kind of wish it would last and last too.

Last night, we - Pete, Snow White, Miss Bun, and I - went down to the Civic Center to watch the game on the jumbotron in front of City Hall. It was mayhem. The whole city celebrated all night long. We walked home to a non-stop concert of whooping and honking and Weesa chanting "Num-num ONE! Num-num ONE!" (number one) and waving her finger around.

By contrast, this morning, she and I went to the DMV to renew my license (and get my new name on it), where I was num-num 74. Sheesh! Two hours later. Ack. Anyway, we survived, and life is feeling, for the most part, very very sweet.

No comments: